THE DESIGN PLAN
IPG Mediabrands is a top tier marketing and media agency serving clients in over 130 countries with over 13,000 employees.
When it comes to the competitive world of marketing agencies, IPG Mediabrands takes a unique role in harnessing its
diverse community of experts to help large organizations keep the interests of their audiences front and centre through a
focus on brand values and media responsibility.
For the IPG Mediabrands office in Toronto, the design goal (created with interior design firm figure3) was to emphasize
whimsy and fun by eliciting the spirit of a key inspirational image: a vintage Airstream trailer covered in string lights. RFP
was brought on board to deliver a key piece in office function – seating – with that image in mind.
SCOPE OF WORK
RFP was responsible for working with figure3 and IPG Mediabrands to complete the following:
• Designing, manufacturing and installing custom upholstered banquettes in office common area
• Metal accent features & fabric in approved colour palette
• A finished product on time and on budget, and according to exacting client specs
RFP worked closely with figure3 to achieve a successful office seating solution, including:
• Consultations with the design firm to ensure aesthetic cohesion across units, materials, and use of space
• A multi-step manufacturing process including renderings and prototypes before final installation
• Multiple location site visits to confirm project dimensions
• Rounds of testing to optimize banquette comfort and functionality
• A cooperative relationship with stakeholders (designers, architects, other vendors, etc.) to achieve a successful and cohesive finished space
• Upholstered banquette with metal accents for communal office kitchen space seating solution
• Efficient design to maximize seating area while accounting for high traffic areas
• Playful yet functional furniture unit to continue original design inspiration throughout the space
• Client’s vision executed exactly as desired, on budget and on schedule
Client – IPG Mediabrands